The Kerman Senior Center is dedicated to connecting its senior community to educational and entertaining resources. Staying active, both physically and mentally, is vitally important as we spend more time indoors. Below are links to many different ways to stay healthy.
Information & resources
Valley Caregiver Resource Center Weekly Phone Calls is a great opportunity to be able to reach out to the senior population who are homebound. We are aiming to uplift their spirits during this evolving time. Our goal is to offer emotional support. These calls are optional. If there are senior citizens in the Kerman area interested in receiving a weekly call, please have the person complete a consent form. Once we receive the signed consent forms, our Care Companions will contact the residents to schedule calls. If you are interested in receiving a weekly call, please complete and mail consent form (PDF) to:
Valley Caregiver Resource Center
Attention: Kristina Corona
5363 N Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93710
Alzheimer Support is a free service that assists Kerman families who have loved ones with Alzheimer's disease or dementia. Through our free search tool and database of Alzheimer's care facilities, families in need of care for their loved ones can locate licensed care homes and communities in the Kerman area that are best equipped to provide care.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Videos of their Aquariums: Take a walkthrough of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and see live videos of how their animals are doing!
- Take a Virtual Tour of a Museum: Explore many different Museums from around the world! Broaden your knowledge of different cultures and their forms of art!
- Fresno County Online Library: Get connected to the Fresno County Library, sign up for e-books, browse through their online resource page, or visit their Online Heritage Center.
- Websites to help keep brain active: Strengthen your mind and have fun at the same time while learning a new language, or playing puzzle games!
- Daily Recipes, Try Something New: Research new recipes with ingredients you've never heard of! Attempt a complicated dinner, or learn basic quick meals. Search through categories such as "Quarantine Cooking", "Slow Cooker Recipes", "Appetizers and Snacks" or "Cake Recipes".
- Origami and Paper Crafts: Learn how to fold, cut, and glue beautiful paper crafts. Make paper bouquets or cards for your loved ones.
- Napkin Folding: Stylize your dining table with beautiful napkin designs for every occasion! Turn a regular meal into something extravagant!
- At-Home DIY Crafts: Get crafty while staying indoors! Find lots of fun DIY crafts to liven up your home!
The G.R.E.A.T. Program
"Grandparents Reading, Encouraging, And Teaching" A program where Seniors are partnered up with Exceptional Learning Students from Kerman Floyd Elementary School to provide individual attention and scholastic support.
The G.R.E.A.T. Program is now online! "Grandparents" can visit them through video-chat and help their child with reading, basic mathematics, arts and crafts etc. Virtual training and assistance is available! Call 559-846-9329 to sign up and become a G.R.E.A.T. today!