How can I get my car out of impound?

First, you will need to provide us with the vehicle license plate number or VIN. If the vehicle is currently registered, under most circumstances, we can issue a release. You will be responsible for towing and storage fees to the tow company. You may also be responsible for administrative fees to the Kerman Police Department depending on the situation.

If your vehicle was impounded for driving without a license, suspended license or DUI, it can be held in impound for a period of 30 days. You will have to contact the Records Department at 559-846-6633, for more information.

Show All Answers

1. How can I obtain a copy of a police report or a traffic accident report?
2. I will be out of town for a week. Will the police watch my home?
3. When does the Police Department do public fingerprinting?
4. How can I get my car out of impound?
5. How can I get a police employee to speak to my group?
6. How do I start a Neighborhood Watch or obtain crime prevention information?
7. What does it take to become a Reserve Police Officer for KPD?
8. How can I obtain a restraining order?
9. What can I do about my noisy neighbors?
10. How can I report criminal activity in my neighborhood?
11. How can I commend or complain about a Kerman Police Department employee?
12. What is Megan’s Law and how can I find out if a sex offender lives in my neighborhood?